What is Reiki & What are the benefits?
Definition of Reiki
Reiki is a spiritual healing art, a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel universal energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. A Reiki session may help ease tension and stress and may help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels- physical, emotional and spiritual. For a Reiki session to have an effect, the patient must be open to the Universal Life Force Energy & be willing and ready to heal, and let go of all that no longer serves them. It is a very special journey, quite relaxing & enjoyable.
New Reiki energy itself is thousands of years old originally used in Japanese Tradition.
A Reiki session is usually between 45 to 60 minutes in length. The session is performed by using specific Reiki hand positions. During a Reiki session, the client is fully clothed while comfortably reclining on a massage table or seated in a chair. A Reiki session aids in stress reduction and is always a very relaxing experience. Reiki sessions or classes are a great investment in yourself and others in your life. ( I do also offer Reiki Levels 1, 2 and Masters on occasion, please follow me on Instagram or Facebook to keep up to date with when the next courses will take place)
Here @ Becks Zen Den, I not only provide comfort & a relaxing place to help guide the Universal Energies during a session, I also provide details about which chakras are blocked, and how to help yourself clear them and continue to heal after the session. I will send details after our session explaining any sensations, feelings, messages or anything else that may have come up during your session in a detailed email the Friday following our session together. This way, if something does not necessarily resonate with you at the time of our session, you have all the details you need to reflect back upon anytime after the session has ended, and you have information on how to continue on this healing journey internally. I truly believe all healing starts within!
– A subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy AKA Reiki – Practiced to clear your energetic centres AKA Chakras
– Practiced in every country of the world
– Being used in many settings including hospitals (especially before and after surgery), hospice, as well as in private practice and in self-care
– A wonderful complementary modality in a personal wellness or healing programs
Reiki is NOT:
– Affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice
Defining qualities of Reiki:
– A practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands
– Passed on through the attunement process
– The energy is not guided by the practitioner, but the energy has it’s own innate wisdom to guide itself.
– Reiki energy is not based on belief, faith or suggestion.
What is a Chakra: The chakras refer to clusters of nerve endings along the spine where sensitivity and receptivity are highly concentrated. The chakras also correspond with endocrine glands near each cluster; as nerve stimulation is one of the triggers that causes glands to release hormone chemicals into the body