Beautiful Cho Ku Rei: Power In The Palm Of Your Hand
“…The spiral is a spiritualised circle. In the spiral form, the circle, uncoiled, has ceased to be vicious: it has been set free.” – Vladimir Nabokov
The Cho Ku Rei Explained
One of my favorite and most used Reiki symbols is Cho Ku Rei. Generally introduced in Reiki II, its main characteristics include cleansing, opening energy flow, and providing protection.
- Energy Flow: Perhaps the Cho Ku Rei’s most unique quality is that it works as a ‘switch’ or activator to instantly increase the practitioner’s ability to channel energy as it opens the healing energy flow. This symbol can switch on the flow of energy in all living things, includes plants, animals as well as human beings. For this reason, the Cho-Ku-Rei is commonly used to connect with Reiki at the beginning of a Reiki session or to seal in the energy work at the end of a Reiki session.
- Power: The Cho Ku Rei is a powerful multi-purpose symbol that can boost the flow of energy during a treatment and supercharge the effectiveness of the other Reiki symbols and other healing tools like crystals.
- Cleansing: The Power Symbol has many cleansing and balancing qualities. It is helpful at removing stagnate energy. Many practitioners draw the CKR symbol on their hands or chakra points ahead of a Reiki treatment to cleanse and clear the energy channels. The CKR can cleanse the chakras, spaces, objects, and individuals.
- Protection: This significant symbol also protects and shields persons, objects, structures, animals, and plants. It protects from negative energy for healing on all levels.
What does the Cho Ku Rei Symbol mean?
The Cho Ku Rei Symbol, pronounced ‘cho-koo-ray,’ represents the power of the Universe. It means: “Placing all the powers of the Universe here.” This symbol essentially draws the healing power of Reiki to the point where it is drawn or projected.
Just as the spirals of the CKR focus in and get smaller, the Cho-Ku-Rei symbol acts to draw in and concentrate Reiki energy and is a powerful tool to focus Reiki on a particular spot for localised treatment.
The CKR Symbol is commonly reffered to as ‘The Light Switch’ because its ability to open energy channels and amplifiy energy healing. It is used before and after any of the other Reiki symbols to empower and activate the energy flow.
Pin this for later! The Cho Ku Rei Symbol
How to Use the CKR Symbol in your Reiki Practice
Cho-Ku-Rei has many uses. These include:
- Amplifying the energy of other Reiki symbols when combined in a single sequence
- Drawing the symbol of each of the seven chakras will not only protect them but will enhance their activation
- Using the Cho-Ku-Rei symbol as a self-treatment. By doing so, blockages are removed; thus freeing vital healing energy
- Drawing the symbol in the interior of a building or a room removes negative energy
- Creating the symbol over food and beverages boosts their positive energy
- Drawing the symbol over and around an angry individual or an aggressive animal help diffuse that anger or aggression
- Used on a client as a healing session begins will lower the client’s anxiety
- Applying Cho-Ku-Rei to crystals in your treatment protocol will cleanse them of any negative energy they may have absorbed from clients
- Drawing the symbol over essential oils will activate and strengthen their healing qualities
- Drawing the symbol around your body cleanses your trans-personal chakras. The Transpersonal Chakras are outside of your physical body and hold powerful keys to your spiritual development
- Drawing and activating the Cho-Ku-Rei symbol before meditating will help you open to a higher consciousness…a consciousness that can enhance your healing techniques.
Protecting Yourself with the Cho Ku Rei Symbol
When you work with clients you are exposed to a variety of energetic issues. These mental, physical, and emotional issues generate negative energy, that you, as the Reiki practitioner, can absorb. There are two ways you can use CKR to protect yourself as you work with Reiki energy. First, using your hand, draw a cacoon around the client before you begin treatment. Second, if you feel the drawing with the hand may cause an issue with your client, you can visualize this cacoon and have it surround the client before she or he gets on the massage table. You may begin at the head or as I prefer, begin with the feet.
The Mirror CKR or Reverse CKR
The CKR symbol can be drawn with the spiral in both a clockwise and counter clockwise direction. You may have seen what is called the Mirror Cho-Ku-Rei symbol, where the standard symbol is reversed. It is said that is used to draw out negative energy from a client or relieve an excess and abundance of energy. For me, it is not necessary because the regular CKR Reiki symbol will take care of both negative energy and hyper energy.
The Mirror Cho-Ku-Rei
Drawing The Cho Ku Rei
The Reiki Power symbol is perhaps the easiest of the Reiki Symbols to draw. It looks like a coil. There are three steps involved in drawing the Cho Ku Rei Reiki Symbol.
You can draw the symbol out physically with a pen, or use your finger or hand to create the symbol. You can also visualise and project the symbol. There is no right or wrong way to draw the symbol. The most important thing it to set the right into and intone the name of the symbol three times to activate the symbol.
Pin this for later! Drawing the Cho-Ku-Rei Symbol
Like this article? Share your thoughts in the comment box below!
And for more Reiki resources, be sure to connect with the Reiki Healing Association on Instagram, where we post daily Reiki inspiration and advice for healing and growth as a Reiki Practitioner or Reiki-enthusiast! And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, where we are pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
More Articles For You
- Self-Care for Reiki Practitioners
- Just for today I will be Grateful – How to Live Each Day with Gratitude
- Setting Up Your Week For Powerful Reiki Sessions
- What to Expect during a Reiki Session: Our Members Share the most common experiences
- Get the Latest Issue of Universal Life Magazine
Have you read the Universal Life Magazine yet? As Members of the RHA you get Exclusive Access to the Magazine, and to access your copy all you need to do is log in to your Member’s Area. You can get a copy of the magazine if you subscribe to our newsletter too!