Your Reiki Room: How To Setup a Professional Reiki Healing Room in Your Own Home
“A place of solitude offers a retreat from the opposing forces and diverse demands of living, an entry into a state of peace and unity. Mind and body can retire from confusion and conflict to a sanctuary of clarity and harmony” ~ Anthony Lawlor
Creating a Reiki healing room at home can offer a sanctuary for your Reiki practice and enhance the overall Reiki healing experience for both you and the Reiki clients you work with. A calm, peaceful, loving, non-judgemental environment is vital to promote deeper relaxation, healing, and spiritual growth.
Here are some steps you can follow to help set up an effective and professional Reiki healing room:
- Cleanliness and Clutter: Keep the room clean and free of clutter. Cleanliness brings a higher vibration, and a clutter-free environment helps the Reiki energy flow more freely. You might also consider cleansing the room energetically, perhaps by projecting or visualizing the CKR (Cho-Ku-Rei) symbol on the walls, ceiling, floor and your Reiki therapy table while intoning the CKR symbol silently or aloud before and even after each session or by smudging the room with sage or using a cleansing spray.
- Select a Quiet Space: The room you choose should be peaceful, quiet, and away from the main areas of the home to minimize disturbances. This will allow you and your Reiki clients to focus on the Reiki healing session.
- Furnishing: The main piece of furniture in your Reiki room will be a comfortable Reiki treatment table or massage table. Add pillows for extra comfort. Have chairs or a sofa for pre- and post-Reiki treatment discussions.
- Lighting: The room should have gentle, calming lighting. Natural light is best, but if it isn’t available, use soft lamps. You can also use candles to create a serene healing atmosphere.
- Color Scheme: Consider using calming colors, such as soft blues, greens, purples, or neutral tones. These colors tend to be soothing and can help create a peaceful environment for both you and your Reiki clients.
- Music and Sounds: Soft, calming music or nature sounds can help create a serene environment. Choose music without lyrics, as words can distract from the experience. When you first get started practicing Reiki you could also consider using specialist Reiki music that has a chime or a bell at 3 or 5 minute intervals to help you keep the Reiki session on track by reminding you when to change hand positions. YouTube is a good place to search for Reiki music with our without chimes/bells.
- Aromatherapy: Use essential oils or incense to create a soothing aroma. Lavender, sandalwood, or frankincense are popular choices in Reiki healing spaces due to their calming properties.
- Healing Crystals: Many Reiki practitioners use crystals to help balance energy. You can place them around the room or on or below the treatment table and on your Reiki clients Chakra points.
- Temperature: Make sure the room is at a comfortable temperature. It should not be too hot or too cold. You may want to have blankets available for your Reiki clients.
- Personal Touches: Include items that are meaningful to you and that create a sacred space for Reiki healing. This might include inspirational quotes, spiritual or religious symbols, or artwork that brings you peace and joy.
- Nature-inspired elements: Bring elements of nature indoors by incorporating plants, flowers, or natural materials. Indoor plants not only add beauty but also help purify the air and create a serene atmosphere.
- Minimal electronics: Minimize the presence of electronic devices or create a designated space to keep them out of sight. Reducing screen time and creating a tech-free zone can contribute to a more peaceful environment.
- Refreshment: Have water available for your clients to drink after their Reiki healing session. This helps to ground them and rehydrate the body after an energy treatment.
- Privacy: Ensure the room provides a sense of privacy and safety. This will help your Reiki clients feel more comfortable and open to the Reiki healing process and treatment.
Remember, everyone’s preferences for a calm space can vary, so feel free to experiment and customize the elements to suit your own needs and preferences.
The most crucial aspect is the energy you bring into the space. The more positive, loving, and peaceful energy you embody, the more powerful the healing space you create will be. And like a muscle the more you use the room while connecting to Reiki the stronger the energy in the room will grow.
Our Members Share their Favourite Items in their Reiki Room
- “I love my Essential oils. I also love using the Reiki symbols.”
- “My table and sheepskin cover and flannel sheets.”
- “I have a huge 1ft x 1ft Amethyst. As soon as I walk into my healing room, I feel relaxed. It’s my happy place.”
- “Essential oils and a diffuser, along with my selenite wand.”
- “Since I have 18 Himalayan salt lamps around the room, there’s a beautiful pink glow that reminds me of Rose Quartz and love.”
- “All of my singing bowls.”
- “Incense – all natural fragrance.”
- “My little bear as a Reiki Surrogate.”
- “My dragon Incense burner.”
- “My Tibetans bowls, Crystals, Buddha statues, oils, my all together room is a blessing!”
- “My books and my ceramic bowl for burning sage and palo santo.”
- “Charged Crystals, dim candle light, small water flowing fountain, Reiki grids, Reiki power symbol along with mild Reiki meditation music! This makes my clients feel peace with positive energy and aides in healing!”
Why is important to create a dedicated reiki room?
Creating a dedicated Reiki room can provide several benefits for both the practitioner and the clients. Here are a few reasons why it is important to have a dedicated space for Reiki:
- Sacred and focused space: Having a dedicated room specifically for Reiki practice creates a sacred and focused environment. This space becomes associated with healing and spiritual practice, allowing you to enter into a mindful state more easily.
- Energetic Boundaries: A dedicated Reiki room allows for the establishment of energetic boundaries. The space can be energetically cleansed, cleared, and protected before and after each session. This ensures that any residual energies from previous sessions do not interfere with the current healing session and maintains a pure and positive energetic environment. A Reiki room can be energetically cleansed and maintained more effectively than a multi-purpose room. By designating a specific area for Reiki, you can minimize the presence of conflicting energies that may be present in other rooms, such as stress, work-related energy, or distractions.
- Enhanced relaxation: A Reiki room can be intentionally designed to promote relaxation, tranquility, and serenity. By creating an environment conducive to relaxation, with calming colors, soothing scents, and comfortable seating, you can enhance the overall healing experience and help clients or yourself to relax more deeply.
- Symbolism and ritual: A dedicated Reiki room allows you to incorporate symbolic elements and ritualistic practices that can deepen the spiritual experience. You can include sacred objects, crystals, symbols, or images that hold personal meaning and contribute to the energetic atmosphere. It serves as a physical representation of the healing journey and reinforces the intention of the practice. This symbolism can help both the practitioner and the clients to enter a focused and receptive state of mind.
- Eliminating Distractions: Having a dedicated room helps minimize external distractions and interruptions. By designating a specific space for Reiki, you can create an environment that is free from everyday distractions, noise, and interruptions, allowing for a more concentrated and undisturbed healing session.Privacy and solitude: Having a dedicated Reiki room offers privacy and solitude, allowing for undisturbed healing sessions. It provides a space where you can fully focus on the practice and create a safe, nurturing environment for clients or yourself.
- Energy alignment: Reiki rooms can be designed with the intention of aligning with the natural flow of energy. You can consider factors such as the room’s orientation, the placement of furniture and objects, and the use of natural elements to optimize the energy flow within the space.
- Consistency and familiarity: A dedicated Reiki room allows you to have a consistent space for practice, which can enhance your connection with Reiki energy over time. It becomes a familiar space where you can easily slip into a meditative state and connect with the healing energy more effortlessly.
- Professionalism and Credibility: For Reiki practitioners who offer their services to clients, having a dedicated room conveys a sense of professionalism and credibility. It demonstrates that you take your practice seriously and have invested in creating a dedicated space for healing. This can enhance client trust and confidence in your abilities as a practitioner.
While having a dedicated Reiki room can provide unique benefits, it’s important to note that Reiki can be practiced in any space, and the most important aspect is your intention and the energy you bring to the practice. If creating a dedicated room is not feasible, you can still create a designated area or use any peaceful space available to you for Reiki sessions. The key is to establish a space that is energetically clean, comfortable, and conducive to healing.
Like this article? Share your thoughts in the comment box below!
And for more Reiki resources, be sure to connect with the Reiki Healing Association on Instagram, where we post daily Reiki inspiration and advice for healing and growth as a Reiki Practitioner or Reiki-enthusiast! And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, where we are pinning positive affirmations and empowering quotes every single day.
Have you read the latest issue of Universal Life Magazine yet? As Members of the RHA you get Exclusive Access to the Magazine, and to access your copy all you need to do is log in to your Member’s Area. You can get a copy of the magazine if you subscribe to our newsletter too!
More Articles For You
- The Beautiful Cho-Ku-Rei: Power in the Palm of Your Hand
- Reiki Vision Board: Releasing the Magic of Vision Boards with Reiki
- Self-Care for Reiki Practitioners
- Just for today I will be Grateful – How to Live Each Day with Gratitude
- Setting Up Your Week For Powerful Reiki Sessions
- What to Expect during a Reiki Session: Our Members Share the most common experiences
- Get the Latest Issue of Universal Life Magazine